Preparing for Rank Advancement:
Boy Scouting provides a series of surmountable obstacles and steps in overcoming them through the advancement method. The Boy Scout plans his advancement and progresses at his own pace as he meets each challenge. The Boy Scout is rewarded for each achievement, which helps him gain self-confidence. The steps in the advancement system help a Boy Scout grow in self-reliance and in the ability to help others. -Scouting.org
Advancement is an important and exciting part of Scouting. We have dedicated this page to talk about how advancement works in Troop 2.
Lets take a quick minute to talk about the basics:
- Rank advancement requirements can be found in the back section of the Boy Scout Handbook
- Scouts who have completed requirements may find any of the Troop 2 Scouts who can sign off requirements
- If a Scout would like to work on rank requirements he may find one of the above scouts and ask if they are available to work with them on requirements
- Or choose to make a plans to meet at another time
- For each rank, the requirement that starts “Demonstrate Scout spirit by living the Scout Oath and Scout Law” will be signed during the Scouts ‘Scoutmaster Conference’
- Adults and Scouters outside of Troop 2 may not sign off rank requirements
Okay, Now that you have all of your requirements for a rank signed off, what’s next?
- See Mrs. Garland with your Boy Scout Handbook
- She will log all of your advancement to this point and ensure that you have all of the needed items to continue
- Sign up for and complete a Scoutmasters conference
- Sign up for and complete a Board of Review